European Short Pitch has already garnered nine years of experience in providing assistance for film projects of young filmmakers in Europe. The call for projects is open and soon the ESP 2015 team will be organising a scriptwriting workshop in residency and a co-production forum, bringing together scriptwriters and industry professionals from all over Europe. In the previous editions (2007-2014) around 170 projects were presented. These projects have resulted so far in the development of 65 short films - many of them having a very successful international career.
The participation fee for each project is 500 Euros. The fee covers the tutorship costs, the travel costs, the accommodation and subsistence for both on-location sessions. One person per project is covered by European Short Pitch. However, upon prior agreement, an extra person per project shall be admitted – he/she will have to cover his/her own travel, accommodation and subsistence costs.
The call for projects is open until the 30th of September. The author(s) of the script has to be between 18 and 35 years of age on the closing date of the call for projects. All European original short film projects with an estimated length inferior to 30 minutes are eligible to apply.
Applicants have to send a zip file (named after the title of the project) to email@example.com and, containing:
- The completed application form;
- The script in English (there’s no word-count limitation – however European Short Pitch is designed for short film projects of an estimated length inferior to 30 minutes);
- The script in the original language (many languages being read and understood by our preselecting reading committee & jury, we may consider the original version as well);
- CV’s of the people involved creatively in the project (author/writer, director & producer);
- A presentation of the production company attached (if applicable).
For more information on European Short Pitch 2015, Project Coordinator Aleksandra Zakharchenko can be contacted: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application form is attached.