CoPro Connection is an occasion for live action and animation filmmakers both in Japan and overseas to come together in their goal of working on an international co-production project.
This year will see an increased emphasis on networking.
In collaboration with the Ateliers du cinema europeen (ACE) , an association of European producers, and the Korean Film Council (KOFIC) , we will host assorted events such as pitching, seminars relating to international co-productions, networking events, as well as individual meetings.
CoPro Connection will get them in direct contact with everything they need to know about co-production with Japan!
All required documents must arrive at TIFFCOM CoPro Connection Organizer’s Office no later than August 2nd, 2013.
- Leading Japanese film companies e.g., TOEI, SHOCHIKU, NIKKATSU, and KADOKAWA will evaluate and take part in meetings.
- Projects selected will receive complimentary accommodation and round-trip flight (One person/ 4 nights/ economy class)
- The meetings will be held in English.
Program includes the following:
- Networking events
- Co-production seminars
- Pitching sessions
- One-on-one meetings
- Feature length live action or animation feature project that have strong potential of co-production with Japan
- Project of multiple countries are eligible as long as Japan is involved.
- Project with some finance in place will be chosen preferentially.
- Project with clear business/distribution strategy will be chosen preferentially.
- Participation of the producer is requested.
All information can be found on the website.